Thursday, May 01, 2008

Show and Share Thursday: Thimbles

Photobucket
My mother started a thimble collection for me *years* ago, which thankfully several friends have continued to add to:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pewter thimbles, porcelain thimbles, metal thimbles, figurine-style thimbles, Royal Family thimbles... though in honor of May Day, I'll show you closeups of the floral thimbles:

A daffodil and a shamrock:
Photobucket
A red rose with golden leaves:
Photobucket
California sunflowers:
Photobucket
A lotus:
Photobucket
A vining flower on black lacquer:
Photobucket
Pink porcelain rosettes on glass:
Photobucket
A bunny hiding amongst leaves and flowers:
Photobucket
Old Country Roses:
Photobucket
Blue....what are they?
Photobucket
And my favorite, pink roses:
Photobucket

Do you know which thimble I'd find hilarious to add to my collection?
Photobucket

Yep, the Monopoly Thimble!

*****

Have you ever played the Thimble Game?

One person hides the thimble somewhere in a room. Children/family members are then allowed into the room to hunt for the thimble one by one. Once each child has found it, he/she leaves it and sits down in the middle of the room. After all the children have found it, the first one to find it gets to hide it the next round. Of course the giggles, twitters, inhales of breath, etc., make it easier for younger children to play as they take their cues from the other players who are trying their hardest to not give the location away!

*****

~Inspired Ideas, volume1, number 3 has arrived!

~Ez at Creature Comforts offers a "D.I.Y. Paper Wrapped Soaps" tutorial in time for Mother's Day and Teacher Appreciation Week...

~Skip to My Lou offers some of the cutest Teacher Appreciation gift/craft ideas I've seen in a looooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg time!

~Laura Rebecca's Kitchen is baking again, this time it's Peanut Butter Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Cookies...num!

~Kelly at PhotoJojo has found a web site that will "oldify" photos you choose to upload...

*****

And my newest blog discovery?

Liquid Sky Arts

(go, go, go, you know you want to!)

*****

Don't forget to leave a comment here for my blue wreath giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Check out the post I'd done on losing your thimble.

    http://noreasonneeded.blogspot.com/search?q=thimble

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!