Thursday, March 27, 2008

Show and Share Thursday: Sarcasm, Sparkle, and Desserts



I've been more of a blog reader than a blog writer this week, content to read the posts from all 168 blogs to which I subscribe daily, "flagging" ones that I'd like to go back to, re-read, ponder over, and possibly share, and then getting on about my day. There's been a lot of sweetness and light out here in Blogland (at least in the neck of the woods I frequent), and I've even contributed to the online sugar, caught up in the springiness of the season, but let me share this with you: I'm no Pollyanna. No sir-ee Bob (or Jane, Fred, or Betty).

And here's the proof: my refrigerator magnets.















Most of the magnets are from Ephemera, Inc., and I'll be buying MORE, thanks to a peek at this at Barnes and Noble:



A wonderful flip-book with a built-in stand full of the sarcastic humor that brings wicked laughter into my life- naturally I'll be buying these as magnets:









and of course...



Nope, no "Chicken Soup" for ANYONE'S soul here- just sassiness, which works for me!

What's on your fridge?

**********************************************************************

Oh, but glamour and sparkle do catch my attention...

Morning Glory Antiques and Jewelry is a site I just found online, and I've only drooled over the photos- I have no idea if this place is up and running! Seeing as they are located in New Mexico, I might just have to schedule a road trip before we move back to Oz this summer... If you're a Miriam Haskell fan, take a look!

As do hunger-inducing desserty recipes:

Rice Pudding with Dulce de Leche, from Cream Puffs in Venice

Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit shares a recipe for Sweet and Salty Honey Peanut Cupcakes

Smitten Kitchen's "Hamantaschen" are three cornered cookies that I'd never heard of before...probably because I'm not Jewish.
**********************************************************************

Happy Thursday, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!