Tuesday, February 26, 2008

123 Book Meme

Meme rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people (I'm just inviting my readers- if you take up the meme, post back here so I'll know and can come take a peek)

I have two books stacked on top of each other, so I'll give you the meme-required-info from both and you can try to figure out where my brain has been for the last week:

Book number one:

"Suddenly, like a striking snake, she reached out and grabbed my hand in a fierce grip. "

Followed by:

"At once she twisted it behind my back and held me so that I could move neither forward nor backward but only cry out in pain: 'Anne! Don't! You're really hurting!' 'Well hear this,' she hissed in my ear. 'Hear this Mary. I am playing my own game and I don't want you interrupting. Nobody will know anything until I am ready to tell them, and then they will know everything too late."



Book number 2:

"After a neuron fires, a neurotransmitter swims across that synapse to a nearby neuron, and when it finds the lock and binds with it, that new neuron starts to fire."

Followed by:

"Not all keys fit all locks; there are certain locks (receptors) that are designed to accept only certain neurotransmitters. Generally, neurotransmitters cause the receiving neuron to fire or prevent it from firing. The neurotransmitters are then absorbed through a process called reuptake; without reuptake, the neurotransmitters would continue to stimulate or inhibit the firing of a neuron."



I signed up for Oprah's webclass too, so I'll be buying A New Earth and catching up on my reading each evening before next Monday- or trying to, since I'll probably be having too much fun spending time with Shannon visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!