Thursday, November 14, 2013

Terrific Turkey Windsock

This evening is Open House at my school, which means it's time for me to treat my Super Star Families to an apple, and my Stars to treat their parents and siblings to some November artwork.  Families will tour the classroom and school building, but it's always nice to have some sort of take-away to help them mark the occasion.


After passing classroom after classroom of paper bag turkey crafts, the Stars and I decided to make a turkey windsock that could be hung anywhere at home.  We started with a 12 X 18 piece of black construction paper stapled into a tube, four 8 inch lengths of orange streamers, and white twine.  For our terrific turkey, we used a 9 inch diameter circle, a 2 X 8 red rectangle, a 2 X 2 red square, and 3 X 4 rectangles in red, green orange, and brown to form the turkey's body and feathers.  After modeling how to cut the corners and assemble the turkey, I sent the Stars back to their desks to work.



After gluing the turkey bodies to the tubes, we have a gaggle of gobblers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!