Tuesday, April 02, 2013

We've Got the Whole World: Earth Day Project

Yesterday I shared some of my Stars' "flower power" recycled art with you.  Today I'd like to show you a coloring/painting/writing project:


Using a coloring page found here, I asked our copier secretary to enlarge the Earth onto a 12 X 18 piece of white construction paper.  After students colored the land and water with crayons,
they used black watercolor to darken the rest of the page:




Once the watercolor had dried, our assistant painted the Star's hands red, placing them on either side of our big blue marble.



 The Stars then copied "I've got the whole world in my hands."


As each student finishes, our Earth Day project joins our Flower Power recycled art in the hallway. 

What a fun, gallery-style display for April!



*****

Would you like to share your own Earth Day/Recycling project?  Link us up in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!