Monday, August 02, 2010

Couldn't Make This Up

... two weeks after the flood, another day with the temperature at 104 degrees (106 if you were five streets away), and I ended my first official day back to work with notification that the pre-schooler's day care was on fire.

I can run with flip flops.  Fast.  I can drive semi-sanely even when my heart is racing.  I can keep a smile on my face while reassuring a disappointed boy that we'd have ice cream at home even though I was ruining his day by *not letting him go for a ride on the evacuation bus*.

It's time for ~normalcy~ to return, thank you very much, so I'll be taking the camera back into the classroom with me tomorrow so I can show you how things are looking.

Desks.  Objectives.  Bulletin boards.

After I spend extra cuddle time on the couch with the family tonight.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Good gracious! I am amazed by how calm you seem about all of this. Hug those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids say the silliest things, not riding the evacuation bus would have been a HUGE letdown for mine too! AFter this summer, I bet a classroom full of 5 year-olds seems like a walk in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!
    You have had quite a year Michaele!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dear...we will be thinking about you and sending *another* extra prayer your way today.
    Glad to hear your son is safe. What was the outcome for the day care? How are they doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I am pleased to report I had a rather subdued day today. T-H-A-N-K G-O-O-D-N-E-S-S!

    The day care was open today as there had been only minimal smoke damage downstairs, apparently from a cooling unit of all things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live quite an adventurous life!

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!