Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'm Just Bakin' Bacon Cookies...

A colleague mentioned that a former principal used to make "Breakfast Bacon Cookies" for the staff from time to time~yes, I HAD to find a recipe (and I'm baking a double batch right now!):

* 1/2 lb. bacon
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 cup of flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 cups of multi-grain flakes or corn flakes
* 1/2 cup raisins



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into butter mixture. Stir in bacon(I'm using pre-cooked bacon!), cornflakes and raisins.


Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Space 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove to rack to cool–about 2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet.

So far, so good. It smells like ba-dum-dum-*ching*... BREAKFAST in here!

I've lost the light, so no photos of this batch, but since I'll be in the kitchen this weekend for an upcoming bake sale, I'll try the recipe again and post pictures for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!