I was tagged on Facebook, and thought it would be a fun blog post for today... Feel free to adopt the meme if you'd like!
Twenty-Five Things About Michaele
1) I'm an Eskimo, born in Kentucky, raised for the first ten years of my life in Texas, so I prefer enchiladas over muktuk!
2) I've lived in a big city, a rural farming community, a college town, three military posts, and an Eskimo village.
3) My favorite color is red, though I adore pink.
4) When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up to be Wonder Woman- the hair! The tiara! The stars! The bullet proof bracelets...not to mention the ability to tie people up to get the truth out of them!
5) I graduated from the university where my father and mother met.
6) My toenails and fingernails always match.
7) Someday I'd like to write kids' stories, books. Until then, I'll keep practicing on my blog.
8) I've developed quite the magazine habit in the past two years, and have to pare the piles down every month by cutting and clipping inspirational stuff out of them to save in binders for future reference.
9) I come from a family of crafters, artisans, and teachers, so the fact that I'm two out of the three gives me a good feeling.
10) I just discovered House.
11) As a matter of fact, I AM easily distracted by bright, shiny objects.
12) My morning drinks of choice are lattes for coffee (Irish Cream or Vanilla), or Earl Grey tea.
13) No, my parents didn't "want a boy." I get asked that a lot when introduced to new people.
14) When it comes to the big things and issues in life, I enjoy helping others, but will rarely, and I mean rarely, ask for help myself. When I do ask, it's because I need someone to succeed and deliver...immediately. No pressure. *sigh* I'm working on that one.
15) I'm not a sports nut unless my children are playing and even then I really don't care about the game. Odd, considering I was a cheerleader in high school.
16) I used to play the violin and clarinet.
17) I can't stand carnie clowns. Think Pennywise, or the clown doll from Poltergeist. Yuck.
18) I don't know how to swim.
19) The sea turtles in Hawaii are some of the sweetest looking animals I think I've ever seen. (I was in a glass bottomed boat- so while I don't know how to swim, I think ocean life is beautiful.)
20) Jeans, teacher dresses, ballgowns, Harley leather, it's all good.
21) I love cameos, Noritake china from Occupied Japan, and Bunnies by the Bay. Pretty paper, notecards, and household textiles also have a strong pull over me. Thankfully I'm married to a tolerant man.
22) I don't do the bar scene. I also don't sit and "socially drink" with colleagues or friends unless we're drinking coffee and on our way out the door to go shopping.
23) I remember my first day of kindergarten. I had a male teacher who had long hair, pulled back into a ponytail. Kindergarten was where I learned I was strong. Sixth grade was when I realized I was smart. High school was when I realized I was both and needed to do everything possible to graduate and get away.
24) I have music of some sort playing in the background almost constantly. It's my "white noise" for my auditory processing disorder to focus on. (I hear most sounds at the same volume, voices talking, someone driving past the house, the buzzing of the lights...)
25) I wear fur. I'm Inupiaq Eskimo on my father's side and pro-mink/pearls/and lovely clothes on my mother's side. It's a double whammy for me.