Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday's Wordle, Words and Wonderings of Kindergartners



Yep, that's what this blog is all about! (Click on the image to be taken to Wordle)

*****

My tip to new teachers? Write it down.

"Mrs. Sommerville, how come crayons won't erase like pencils?"

"Teacher! You're older than my dad! Can you put him in Time Out?"

"I'm confused. My mommy says to tell her if my daddy got her a nice present. My daddy says I'm not supposed to tell Mommy he got her a nice present. I'm gonna get in trouble with one of them!"

"Teacher, you're pretty. Except when you start singing. Then you're just silly."

"If I'm a Super Star, does that mean my brother is a Super Star too?"

"Look, when I'm sixteen, THEN I'll have a girlfriend, but not right now in kindergarten. Cause my mom said so."

"I'm so smart, I wish I could give my brain a treat for doing a good job!"

"I know why it's called 'an accident:' 'cause I didn't do it on *purpose*!"

*****

~Kelli shares a wonderful tutorial on how to make aprons...

~CasaSugar links to Martha Stewart's DIY baby blocks (I'd love to make some with a Halloween theme!)...

~Laura at Paint in My Hair shares a wonderful "any fruit" crisp dessert (and check out the peachy photos!)...

*****

Pre-Deal-or-No-Deal-fame, Howie got me ready to teach kindergarten:

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!