Spring has sprung here in the Bordertown, so the toddler and I decided to take a walk today, enjoying the foliage, flowers, colors, and textures:
* Here are some details of our local desert foliage, thanks to El Paso Water Utilities.
* A Plant Hardiness Zone Map for those of you with greener thumbs than mine...
* Martha provides how-to's for making pressed plant cards...
* Casa Sugar suggests making your own aphid spray to keep the pests at bay and your plants thriving...
* Paper-and-String made "disguises" for her Happy Trees!
* Crayola has a cute craft idea for spring or May Day bouquets (kindergartners LOVE to dress up and sneak through the school to leave these on classroom doors- and the dress-up factor helps me in some sneakiness of my own: May 1 is the day I photograph my students for their end-of-the-year certificates!)
Where flowers bloom so does hope.
- Lady Bird Johnson, Public Roads: Where Flowers Bloom