Wednesday, December 12, 2007

7 Weird/Random Things About Moi

I've been tagged by Science Goddess for a meme, and since I know it's one of Life's Little Rules that you *never* defy a goddess (being a domestic one myself), here we go!

To get started:

1) Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2) Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.

3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on his or her blog.

Okie dokie, here we go:

1) Like the Science Goddess, I too, am a morning person, and not just because I have a toddler who rises before the cock crows. I'm up early, having coffee, reading (even when the toddler sleeps in) and enjoying the solace each day, whether it's a work day or not. At times it's a pain having to wait for the rest of the family to wake up, eat, and get their own batteries charged, especially when I've been up and rarin' to go for two hours.

2) I really dislike mobs. My early rising gives me the opportunity to avoid them while grocery shopping (the commissary opens at seven a.m. here), and I do whatever I can to get all of my errands done before the lunch hour, because mobs in stores or restaurants mean that there are mobs driving on the road. Do not invite me to go Christmas shopping with you on Black Friday. Do not invite me to go shopping with you on Christmas Eve, or the day before Thanksgiving for that matter, it's not going to happen.

3) I prefer fat free coffee creamer over sugar free. That sugar substitute leaves a disgusting aftertaste in my mouth.

4) I find it extremely difficult to write anything more in-depth than a grocery list if someone is talking to me, I'm hearing sibling rivalry, or a television show is on too loud. I have to "hear" myself, my words when I write, and I can't do that with unpredictable background noise or someone chatting away at me. Can't.

5) I used to dance around to music as I did the domestic goddess thing. Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the windows, folding the laundry. Journey was my get-up-and-shake-it music of choice. I'm not sure why I stopped. It's a habit I need to get back into now that I think about it!

6) My fingernail polish and toenail polish must match. No burgundy fingers with pink toes for me.

7) Symmetry and balance is important to me. Very. The term "obsessive compulsive" pops into many of my friends' minds when they come to visit me at home or encounter me putting up a new bulliten board display at school. I KNOW when someone has come into my home and tilted my mirror by the front door *just a tad*. It drives me insane when we move to a new home and the overhead pendants in the dining room or kitchen or living room aren't centered with the windows in each location, or centered in the ceiling in a room without windows. Thankfully this need for visual balance doesn't extend to my students' activities in the classroom. They can expand or shift their learning centers, creative constructions, and move through the room freely to share their latest painting, favorite story, or plans for recess.

Whew! Kind of cathartic. Who to tag, who to tag, who to tag... I can't think of seven, so I'll choose three, thank them in advance (I know a lot of you are just trying to make it through this month!), and get this one posted!

Tags to:

Shannon even though she's relatively new to BlogsVille!

Shabby Chic in Suburbia because she's been an inspiration since I discovered her blog (and thank you for the photography tips!).

Education in Texas, a blogger I've discovered just this week- giving me hope that there is some form of teaching sanity in the Lone Star State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!