Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Oh, the Guilt

Have you ever felt it?  That overwhelming wow-I've-got-so-much-to-do and not-enough-time-to-do-it weight sitting on your teacher shoulders?  On your parent and teacher shoulders?  How about your spouse, parent, and teacher shoulders?

Yep, THAT weight.

It's exacerbated when some additional issue arises: a change at work, students or families experiencing something difficult for which they need extra time or extra help... wonky spring weather that puts your students' internal barometers into high speed roller coaster ride mode... surprise health issues that result in needing a sub... with interesting characters answering the call.

Interesting characters.  I'm using that as my polite description for those who occupied my room during what went down this week.  "Pepe le Peu" ~might~ have been one of my impolite descriptions, but trust me, it was a kind reference. Not to the skunk mind you, but I was trying:

Photobucket

Guilt?  I haven't blogged.  I haven't posted new photos of my students on our class web page for their families.  I haven't shared all of the wonderful and silly quotes that I've been lucky to hear.  When I haven't been absent, I've been selfish: hogging my students' hugs for myself, commiserating with colleagues, and swimming in family time, avoiding living at work.

It would all be exactly what I need to recuperate, re-energize and reflect...

... if it weren't for this pesky guilt.

*****
So let's turn it around shall we?

Skunk-tastic!

Photobucket

This cute fella can be found with other alphabet-inspired friends here....

Click here for a link to some skunk coloring pages...

... and my favorite skunk, Flower:



How have you been?

1 comment:

  1. I had a sub earlier in the year who, at the end of the day, said to all of the children -- "you know who your parents are", and let them run out of the school door -- NOT EVEN CHECKING TO SEE IF THE CHILDREN WERE PICKED UP!(I teach a junior/senior class and some of the kids were 3 years old!!!) I can tolerate a lot, but not the compromised safety of my kids. It put all other subs in a better light.

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!