Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Not Certain It's a Theme...

... but I combined dots and gingham with an owl thrown in for good measure.


There's a very good chance that it's thrown in because my brain is still taking a thinking time out for the next few days.


Sometimes, "autopilot" is ~good~.


How would YOU label/categorize my boards?


Photobucket

Brown butcher paper, extra black and white gingham bulletin board trimmer, and some polka-dotted punch out letters hung out with the owl for a few minutes...

While I folded a large piece of construction paper to make a mount for the back of the owl- I wanted our feathered friend to stick out from the board:

Photobucket

Photobucket

... wadding/crinkling/smooshing butcher paper can be so therapeutic!


I positioned Mr. Owl and added "Who-who are you" (question mark to be fashioned later this week):


Photobucket


... hung "Welcome to Kindergarten" on the opposite board...
Photobucket

... and put my favorite hook and loop "Velcro" dots onto laminated colored circles (students' names are printed out and laminated as well, and used interchangeably throughout the year on the dots and other decor):

Photobucket

The colored circles are hung down low so students can find their names easily when they visit the school with their parents...


Photobucket

... and the circles (with names) will continue to be used after all of my new Super Stars have finished their self-portraits later this month.

9 comments:

  1. that bulletin board is so cute!:)

    do you only have 13 students? that would be amazing and wonderful.

    I had 26 prek kids on my own and my oldest had 25 kindergarten kids in class with her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have twenty or twenty one kiddos so far, but didn't photograph all of the dots! :) The year I had sixteen students was BLISS, and the perfect learning environment for them.... such a good year. Another year I had thirty four. Yes, thirty four. Not such a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remain in awe of the preparation . . . Seriously, I'm lucky to get anything hung up on the bulletin boards! =)

    34! Yikes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this...i am thinking i just might have to copy...what a fabulous way to start off the year! thanks for being so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute! I created this coloring page for you, goes along with your owl theme.

    http://twistynoodle.com/coloring/animals/birds/who-who-are-you-coloring-page/

    Nicola @ Twisty Noodle

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, not there quite yet, but love the inspiration! esp. love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicola, that is WAY COOL! :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. where did you get those velcro dots?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashlee, I found them at Walmart in the sewing/yarn section- they sell regular "sew on" hook and loop tape, but they also have adhesive dots, which I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!