Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello, I'm Mrs. Sugar-Bin and I Love Eating Hot-a-Molies

Kindergarten quotes are the greatest!

"Teacher, is your name Mrs. Sommerville or Mrs. Sugar-Bin?"

*****

"When I don't remember your name, I just tell the person I'm talking to that you're the teacher who wears the dresses."

*****

Student: Teacher, I think Indiana Jones is *cool*!

Me: Oh yes, he is cool. I've always liked Han Solo myself though.

Student: Uh, teacher? Using a whisper voice: You know it's the same guy, right?

Photobucket

*****

Me: (as I give each child one cinnamon chewy candy) Okay Super Stars, you've colored your picture red, you've counted red unifix cubes and we've gone on a red hunt. Now you're going to *taste* "red."

Student: (after chewing on candy for a few seconds) Ewwww! Mrs. Sommerville! I don't like this candy! It's burning my tongue 'cause it's got hot-a-molies in it!

Photobucket

*****

Student: Teacher, how come you know when we *might* be doing something wrong?

Me: Well, I'm not just a teacher, but I'm a mommy too, so I know a lot of things.

Student: That's not fair!

*****

"Teacher! My mom likes pink and you like pink! My mom likes jewelry and YOU like jewelry! My mom likes candy and *YOU* like candy! That's why she likes you!"

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Cute overload!!! I work with middle school kids--the things that come out of their mouths are not quite so precious. :)

    We are adding a Kinder class to my school this year though, and I simply cannot wait! I will refer my new kinder teachers to your blog.

    Any tips on helping the criers (and I mean the kids AND moms) on the first day of school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Rebecca! Heh heh heh, I know what you mean about the criers, and will put my thoughts to keyboard tomorrow for my blog post- hopefully something helpful will come of it!

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!