Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adopted Ancestors

I adopted ancestors over the weekend. I have no idea what their names are, but their expressions captured my imagination and hit my funny bone all in one fell swoop...

(Honestly, couldn't you see some froo-froo valentine-y phrase above their heads extolling the joys of love, romance, and marriage?)



The tintype photograph was found in a coppery/metal frame that yes, I put back after scanning the photo:



I LOVE it!

*****

~ Right as my ancestor-adoption-addiction begins, The Thrift Shop Romantic concurs that the scanner is a most trusted friend to both me and my ephemera...



*****

Perhaps my great-great-great-great (how many greats?) relative above should have remembered this:

Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges whatever is given to her.



So - if you give her crap, You will receive more back than any one human being can ever handle.


*****

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures you found. They are fabulous. I'm amazed at your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the smile. I'm still trying to picture Valentine fun with these two:).

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!