Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Most Recent Three...

With a toddler running loose, time is of course, limited. Losing a toenail twenty-four hours ago (how I, a woman who has birthed three children, can be couch-ridden and crying over a TOENAIL is beyond me) has limited my mobility more than I expected it would. Yes, it was the BIG toenail. No, there is no glorious story behind the injury. Suffice it to say that the construction of military housing here on post includes purchases of less-than-good-quality doors, door jambs, and sliding door tracks. My reaction to the injury did cause my toddler to pause in his planning for world domination just long enough to ask "'kay Mommy? 'Kay?" Knowing my youngest child is capable of sympathy has indeed softened the throb coming from my ghost nail.

With abbreviated time and mobility in mind, here are my "most recent three:"

Movies seen:

Theater: "Resident Evil, Extinction." On date nights with my husband, we like GORE. Not surprisingly, the movie was full of it. Not the best effects. Not the best story line. Would have loved to have seen some Alaska footage though!

Home DVD purchase: "Wild Hogs." A purchase for my Harley Tech's last birthday, a la midlife crisis, and I have to say, thank goodness the kids and I got him a Seiko for his promotion because we OWED HIM BIG TIME after that movie flop!

Movie discovered after channel surfing: "Stranger than Fiction." Starring Emma Thompson, Will Ferrell, and Dustin Hoffman. The only movie I've ever liked Will Ferrell in was "Curious George" and that's only because he was animated and not having to perform guy-humor schtick. This is a movie I'll be buying, for future slow Sundays, when I'm wearing jammies, the kids are sleeping in, the house is quiet, and I'm baking bread.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Web Discoveries:

Faking Good Breeding is a fun site for women who enjoy the girlie-girl things like cosmetics, fashion, and eating out! Her rant about mascara (I disagree with her, I LOVE Great Lash!) had me rolling, and appreciative that someone out there was playing with affordable girlie *FUN* and giving us the inside scoop!

A Rethinking Schools Online article that plays the devil's advocate to Ruby Payne's work regarding socioeconomic equality in education (wow, a little heavy after the girlie-girl stuff eh?).

And the hairstyle I'd like, sans roses, for this Friday's Sergeant Majors' Ball. I suppose I should be more concerned with my choice of footwear than hairstyles at this point...


Formal dress choices:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(What's your vote?)


And finally, the three most recent funnies I've received via email:

Mom Quotes:







Alaskan Wives:
Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives household chores.

The first man had married a woman from Indiana and had told her that she was going to do the dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple days, but on the third day he came home to a clean house and dishes washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Michigan. He had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and the cooking. The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, his could see that his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man had married a girl from Alaska . He told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed, and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, just enough to fix himself a bite to eat and load the dishwasher.


Halloween School Joke:

What do dunce ghosts wear on Test Day?

Cheat Sheets.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm off to my closet, hobble hobble hobble... to find some open-toed shoes!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!