Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tick Tock: Teacher-Created Manipulatives

I was able to find and download plenty of analog clock illustrations and photographs for my students' math center this week, but experienced a bit of difficulty finding various digital time displays online that didn't all look alike. Digital camera and colleagues to the rescue!

My computer screen:



Our classroom clock:



A digital time display from a SMART board used by one of my first grade colleagues:



Our cafeteria director let me photograph the clock on the ovens in the school kitchen:



The office staff shared the digital clock on their fancy black I-don't-know-what-it-does-but-it-looks-important machine:



...and of course, the microwave in the teachers' lounge was game to help me out as well:



I resized all of the photos and printed them out, laminated them, and used a glue gun to adhere magnetic buttons to the backs:



My students will now be able to use the photos to sort digital and analog clock displays as part of their clock/telling time activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!