Saturday, May 30, 2015

Summer Goal: Learn Something New & A Twitter Chat Invitation

Hello Summer, it's me, Michaele.

Just wanted to let you know that I survived the massive book sort/organization project I undertook last week.  I had shelves full of books in cabinets, multiple versions of fairy tales on the floor, collections strewn across tables, and plenty of books for donation covering my cart:




But now:




That's right: my story books have been sorted by theme, letter focus, AND month, and have been shelved in instructional order.  I'm not OCD, I'm efficient.

Humor me.

I did however, become distracted from parts of today's intended to-do agenda.  Though I managed to get a load of laundry washed and dried, and have kept the kitchen relatively clean through two meal preparations, I didn't make my planned phone calls, nor did I get the last little pile of teacher stuff sorted and put away.


I blame MyCuteGraphics.com, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.  So should you.

They conspired to make me play and create:



It's pretty plain-Jane, but to quote Nancy Willard and Tomie dePaola, Simple Pictures are Best, especially for my first attempt.  We'll see how long it takes for me to get a good rhythm going in PowerPoint as I create color/cut/sound out/glue pages for my Super Stars' ELA journals this summer.  That's right, my goal to learn something new is already underway.

I'm also interested in learning how to create my own clip art.  How do you like my Eskimo?  I had to make her.  HAD.  TO.

(You know I'm one-half IƱupiat Eskimo, right?)


She's far from perfect, but was so fun to make!

*****

What are your professional goals for the summer?  Participating in a book study?  Brushing up on technology tools?  How about joining me and my #TeacherFriends for a Twitter chat?  We're a friendly bunch, and love to help Twitter newbies learn how to tweet, share with others, and build their PLNs.


I'm looking forward to chatting with you as we share ideas of how we can refresh our minds, renew our commitment to our students, families and colleagues, and re-energize for next fall!  Check back tomorrow to see what prize I'll be sharing with a lucky chat participant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!