Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Sweetness

The sugary kind of course:





... and my annual gift of candy hearts and pencils:



But the sweetest moment I enjoyed with my Stars today was this:

A  student came up and said "Mrs. Sommerville... my mommy and dad say you're doing a good job 'cause you don't let us give their kisses (Mom's and Dad's kisses) to anyone else. But they said that they would let you have a lot of their hugs if I wanted to give them to you. So now I'm gonna hug you a lot, okay?"

*****

Kindergarten classrooms can get *kissy*, and of course ~germy~ at this time of the year.  "Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself" changes to "Keep hands, feet, and objects including lips to yourself" and the boys who scream "Ewwwwww" at the mere hint of a smooch in a storybook are the first ones to lean closer to a pretty girl in the hopes that they'll be kissed.  

Valentine's Day is the perfect day to celebrate friendship, kindness and fun amongst classmates and teachers as you avoid k-i-s-s-i-n-g, marriage, and baby carriages. 

Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I know about the kissing policy. I had to restate the "There's no kissing in Kindergarten" policy today!

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!