Saturday, November 13, 2010
Things That Make Me Happy, Teacher Edition
1) ~A-ha~ or ~ hey Teacher, that's way cool~ moments with my Super Stars
2) Surviving the first professional development seminar I've hosted in a v-e-r-y long time (yesterday!)
3) How no matter where Uncle Sam takes our family, each new staff with whom I work always has a Coffee Fairy among the ranks
4) Being able to pick the brains of colleagues from all over the world
5) Listening to students and colleagues as they ~think out loud~ instead of regurgitating someone else's spiel
6) Still having the ability to control my verbal and physical reactions when a student accidentally forgets I have toes at the end of my feet while s/he surprises me with a hug... two of my toes are still purple!
7) Families who become friends when my time as their child's teacher is done
8) Learning something new-to-me that I can then help others with as we work through the choreography of public education together
9) Jeans Friday
10) Seeing photos of colleagues'/friends' grand-babies wrapped in afghans I crocheted
Okay, so that last one doesn't just make me happy, it makes me cry... not the way I cried after #6 of course.
You know what I mean.
What makes YOU happy as a teacher?