Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Arr, It's Almost "Talk Like a Pirate Day!"

<span class=
Arr! It's almost that time of year again: Talk Like a Pirate Day!

September 19th is the actual day to celebrate pirates, walking the plank, and wearing eyepatches, but my Super Stars will make pirate hats, read David Shannon stories, and greet friends and teachers with **ahoy Matey** on Friday.


<span class= <span class=

Here's my post from last year (yes the links still work)...

A link for a pirate hat pattern (I print this one out, copy it, and have my students cut it out and glue it to construction paper headbands)...

Michaels Craft Store has their pirate birthday themed items on clearance (I found skull shaped lollies for my husband for Halloween, but hats, eye patches, plates and napkins are also available)....

... and an awesome pirate compilation site (crafts, coloring pages, links) by Crystal Pearl-Hodgins...

*****

Have you ever noticed that pirates are fond of Aa words? For instance:

Aye! (I agree!)

Ahoy! (Hi!)

Avaste! (Stand and give attention)

All aboard! (Come on to my ship!)

Arr! (which can mean anything you want it to mean!)



1 comment:

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!