Monday, January 19, 2009

Links and a Repurposed Card Catalog



~ Jenny Doh shares a beautiful way to decorate clothespins (teachers, take a look, especially if your lunch and math charts could use a lift!)... I'd love a whole slew of these covered with Stars...Super Stars! I'm also thinking next year's Christmas gifts will need a pack of these included inside!

~ The Pioneer Woman Cooks a delicious looking egg-bake-something-or-other...

~ Lisa at Celebrate Creativity in All its Forms shares the how-to's on making your own pinboard/bulletin board from a repurposed picture frame and a roll of cork (but DON'T use Gorilla Glue! See Lisa, I paid attention!)

~ Andrea at Seeking Everyday Beauty and Velvet Strawberries made bookmarks and clips out of mismatched baubles...

~ You know I opened my own Etsy shop for selling paper banners, but surfing Etsy is also a new favorite thing of mine to do when I'm ignoring the house chores when I have free time on my hands...

Go.....visit.....The House of Mouse.....and.....check out *all* of the mice. Find Hannibal Lector Mouse. You read correctly. Hannibal.....Lector.....Mouse.

*****

While twice a library aide, I was never a librarian, *sigh*. I've had a hankerin' for a card catalog for some time now...and Dear Husband tracked one down over the weekend:



An ideal size (though covered with not-very-library-ish stickers)...



Multiple drawers, perfect for long glue sticks, crafting stamps, paper punches, ribbons...

I spent an afternoon soaking the stickers and then gently scraping them off. The adhesive was pretty much cemented to the wood surface though, so sanding became necessary. Though it's a "rough-sand," I think it still looks oodles better than it did:





Should we ever need an extra coffee table, the catalog is just about the right height. For now, its flat top will serve nicely as extra work space for me when I'm crafting.

~ Check out Cool Hunting Green for more repurposed furniture and decorating ideas (the book chair is sorely tempting)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!