Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Links~So SEW!



It's been busy around here! The daily blog has been put on the back burner for a bit- have you missed me?

I've managed to get caught up on reading and thought I'd share some links with you:

Recipes:

Penne Rigate with Spinach and Garlic Cream Sauce from Posy Gets Cozy

Pistachio and Lemon Bites shared by Cream Puffs in Venice

The Pioneer Woman Cooks Pots de Creme

Gruyère-Stuffed Crusty Loaves from Laura Rebecca's Kitchen

Photography:

Di at Designer's Block shares Fairy Tale photography by Eugenio Recuenco

Terry photo-documents the importance of first impressions at Bent Objects

I may just have to learn Photoshop now! PhotoJojo has provided a link for Mac keyboard "skins" (covers) that show keyboard shortcuts to make things easier...

*************

Thanks to coupons at Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Joann's, I've made some affordable and oh-what-a-treat purchases this week to see me through the rest of the summer and into the beginning of the school year. I found Amy Karol's (find her at Angry Chicken) "Bend-the-Rules Sewing" book...aprons, coasters, purses, and lap quilts, here I come!



I also picked up Therese Laskey's "Softies" so I can make some cool characters for my toddler and my students (I love the robot and ice cream sandwich!)...





Some edge punches by Martha:



And a much-needed desk caddy (on a lazy Susan):



*************

I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. Love your goodies, thanks for the link to the chalkboard material. My local store had some...off I went...now to find time to make something! Laurie

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!